Monday, May 16, 2005

Whatever!

Time has worn out some jagged edges and made a skeptic out of me. (Cynic, although, maybe a better term.) Incompetent people still infuriate me. Tantrums still surprise me. Idiots still annoy me. People still amuse me. Work still doesn't excite me. Travel, though, doesn't push the right buttons any more.
the mind wanders.....the thoughts seem to be in an endless pit. For every step they take up, they slip two down. every thought is incomplete but seems to start another chain reaction. why do my glasses sit funny on my nose. when I try to read, why do I see half the page from the lens and half without it. why is the sunlight reflecting off the whiteboard at the far end and onto my table. why does the red tap give out cold water? why does the girl two cubes away from me drag her feet while walking? do the thumb tacks in my cube spell something? Am I going cuckoo?
the words are meaningful but sentences are incoherent. After a long time felt like putting pen on paper. the handwriting is awful, I will stick to keyboard. the mind feels like a blank slate but the fingers are moving rapidly on the keyboard. words are emerging on the notepad. words that seem to have no connection to what I am thinking but still are a part of me.
meeting some nice people on the project. some are a pain. some insist on talking in jargons all the time. what is wrong with saying "making money on the project" vis-a-vis "generating revenue streams". And what the hell does synergy mean anyway.
I am happy being an imperfect human being. People who lay the claim to perfection scare me. I am uncomfortable around gods anyway.
Thoughts trail off......

No comments: