Saturday, July 13, 2024

Are we there yet?

 So... I am at about the 6-week-jobless mark and it is getting to the point where there are more valleys than crests. 

Mondays are hard, very hard. The whole empty yawning week stands there waiting to consume you. It used to get easier as the week progressed but this friday was hard too. 

In all fairness, I have had 4 opportunities in these 6 weeks which is not bad at all but what did coke (or Pepsi) say way back when in one of their Olympic commercials - you don't win silver, you lose gold. These numbers don't mean shit till I close on one of these opportunities on my own terms.

Family support has been crucial and instrumental in helping me keep my sanity but it might get tougher with every month. I still don't know if I am doing the right things (in the right amount) or waiting for things to happen to me. There is a part of me that wants to start a new gig before Aug and show my previous boss that I came out ahead and there is another part that says wait for the right one no matter how long it takes. 

I am trying to put a brave face for the family but there are times when I do hyper ventilate. I am confident that I will land something but it is this unknown wait that is killing me. What is it that someone said... 

Rakh chahe meri taqdeer pe apna akhtiyaar

par mere naseeb mein kya hai, ek baar bata to de

 You can control my destiny if you so desire

But atleast let me know what lies ahead for me



No comments: