Friday, August 02, 2024

The double black diamond slope of job search

Something like 8-9 weeks of being unemployed and I got the crisis of confidence today after I got a rejection notice from a position that I was pinning a lot of hopes on and that was damn near perfect for me (and I, for it).

While I understand that this game is loaded in favor of the employer, it just sucks that it is such a terrible process. Oh well, I will have to dust myself off and march on come next week. I just have to make sure that I don't fall in the trap of pitying myself and take something that is not the right next level.

In times like these, you almost start believing the naysayers. Maybe you do suck. Maybe you have already hit the max level of what you can be. Maybe you are too lazy to help yourself. But then I see people who are at a much higher level than me with much less experience and it just blows my mind. Some of it just comes down to how well you can fake it. None of it makes sense anymore. I am in a much better headspace than last time though so there is hope. Yet...


No comments: