Thursday, June 02, 2005

Dream on...

I have often wondered if there are any meanings to the dreams that I dream (the ones that happen during sleep. I know the meaning behind most of my day-dreams :-).

I know there have been many a study in this field and many people out there have got their PhD while dreaming, I mean, studying about dreams. But how does all that apply to me? Do people dream similar stuff (falling from heights, and my personal favorite-naked in the classroom etc) ? Do people only dream about things and places they already know? Do they always remember the dreams or do they mostly forget? Or does it differ from person to person?

I often forget my dreams. I dream about things and places that I don't recall seeing. If the dreams are a reflections of our sub-conscious mind then how can I dream about unknown things? Sometimes I wake up with a lingering feeling of what I dreamt about. I have often woken up feeling sad becuase of a dream although I can't remember anything about it. Sometimes when I go back to sleep, the dream goes on just like a movie post-intermission.

The most disturbing dream I have had concerns being on this lonely road...and it keeps coming back. And it is always the same road, same sequence of events. Though I can't remember much of it now, I know that it is the same when I dream it. It is disturbing becuase it happens again and again and the same thing. And I don't recall seeing that road ever. Nothing bad happens during the dream...I am just there. I am pretty sure if I see that road anywhere, I will recognize it...and that will be one scary moment!!

No comments: