Friday, April 23, 2021

Where there is a will too

 Just re-read my previous post and I realize that it comes across as saying that I think nothing of myself (even though that's exactly what I say) but that probably doesn't capture what I want to express.

I just think I am not very special. For what it is worth, I don't think anyone is. If anyone tells me that they are special because they went to so and so school or because they worked at so and so company, my thought is that there were scores before you and there will probably be scores after you. What's the big deal? It's not even about humility. I am not exactly humble. I am just genuinely amused when anyone praises me. Not saying that I don't like it, I do. I actually think - wow, how shitty has your experience been? Do I need to take off my rose tinted glasses?

None of this is making any sense...

No comments: