Thursday, August 24, 2006

Women and Clock

What is it with women and their inability to be on time. Don't want to start a gender debate here so I will put a disclaimer upfront. Whatever I say in this post is purely based on personal experiences.

Of ALL the females I have known in my life, I can't recall a single one who would be on time anywhere. Now, not being on time is one of my pet peeves. I like to be on time anywhere I go. Not to say I haven't ever been late. I have. But it is more of an exception than a rule and even then in some cases it is due to circumstances beyond my control (traffic, for example). It really pisses me off when people promise to be someplace on time and then are conveniently late.

I have known menfolk who have had no respect for time as well. But somehow, the women always outnumber the men. And they ALWAYS have an excuse when confronted with it. Oh, I woke up late, no, my make-up took time, the shower took 3 minutes to boot up, the bathroom was a 5 minute walk from the bedroom, blah, blah, blah....My point is, after so many years, how could you not know how long it takes for you to get ready. Why don't you start getting ready 15 minutes earlier or get out of bed 15 minutes earlier for God's sake!!

Most of them are actually blissfully unaware that they are late. They consider it a birthright of sorts to not be on time.

Anyway, to cut a long story short. I am pissed. Women don't care. Life goes on...


1 comment:

tintin said...

But why? Why should it be their birth right to be late? Why do all women give me the same reason?

Not pissed as much as I am exasperated. And God forbid, if a woman is EVER or time and a man makes the suicidal mistake of arriving even 30 seconds too late, he will hear no end to how he kept the woman waiting.

Chivalry be damned. Whatever happened to equality of the sexes?? :-)